Search

He Knows Best

I love my brother Adam. I'm closer to him than any of my other siblings and they would all agree. Which is strange, because a few years ago I was sure he hated me. I remember this frizzy haired boy that would lay with his head on the computer desk and listen to strange music, then occasionally wake up to punch me. And even through all that, I loved him most.

I remember one time when eating dinner, just the two of us, he pretended to choke, then promptly passed out. I though he died. And it was my fault for not calling 911. I was traumatized. I cried for a long time. Even after he scared me by coming back from the dead.

But things are different (for the most part) and for the last 3 years we have been good friends. And over those 3 years I have realized that his "strange music" is amazing. It's just amazing. Every band, every song, every lyric. I still learn that everyday. Some times I still doubt and I don't know why. Some times I think "Oh, I probably wont like them". WONG!

Recently I realized I am in love with Rocky Votolato. There have always been some songs I liked of his, but I never check his other stuff out. And now I feel like I have wasted so much of my life by not knowing his greatness. Too little, too late, I guess. I will never doubt again. He knows best.

1 comment: