Search

Its a Halloween Miracle!

We taught the Littletents for the FIRST time since I've been here. They are a Less Active family, and only the dad and one of his little girls have been baptized. And I feel like they have been avoiding us like the plague! But yesterday Justine (the Little girl that was just baptized (14)) came to church, which wasn't surprising because she LOVES church and will come whenever she can, But her little sister Shynika came (also not too surprising) and her brother Kellie. And (this is the surprising part) her older sister Morning Dove came! (they are Native American, hence the name Littletent) Well that was great! So we tried to set an appointment up, but we called the parents and they said they would call back, but they didn't.. so we didn't think it would happen. But we saw them walking around Melville, so we stopped to talk with them, and they said come by at 7:00.

So we did! And we had a really good time getting to know them and talking about the Book of Mormon. Then we talked about why Justine Decided to be Baptized... I have never heard a testimony like that for ANY 14 year old. She talked about how she wanted to belong to the church and that she heard from her friends about how good it felt to be Baptized. Then she talked about how she felt so clean after baptism and that she gets this warm feeling every time she prays and she cant describe it. But what she said that i think was most impressive.. she said she wanted to be an example to her brother and sisters...


Justine is a quiet girl.. this was completely out of character.. and heartfelt.

We talked with Morning Dove (17) and Shynika (11) and their mom about how they were feeling about baptism. They just said they were thinking about it. So we talked a bit about prayer and about how they would get an answer if they asked if they should be baptized. I felt bad, because i thought it would have been good to be more bold, But their dad is still really into the traditional ways, and i didn't want to offend them. I wanted them to like me so i could come back!

So we just left it at that.

Then we asked who wanted to give the closing prayer. Justine offered it. At the end, we were standing up to leave, and no more than 5 seconds after we said amen, Morning Dove says "I want to be baptized." We sat back down! She said it again "I want to be baptized. I dont know... I just feel something inside me. Its, like, screaming. I want to be baptized.... i cant explain it..."

Shocked. Needless to say...

"I want to be baptized."

...The Spirit ROCKS!

I love my mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment