Search

With Thankful Hearts

This Thanksgiving was hard. With Elder Orton sick, I had nothing to do all week but think of you. Think of family and friends and everyone getting together.. and how I don't get to be a part of it.  But as we sat around Brother Zaharchuck's (our Ward Mission leader) table, he asked us "What is it your Thankful for?"

My comments were full of my family and the gospel. but as we went around, the missionaries who had been out longer than me spoke of the blessing it was to be here with them, to be in Brandon. And that got me thinking... I looked over at the missionaries, who were on one side of the table. They had all left family behind, they had all made the same sacrifice. Then I looked over at the other end of the table. At the Zaharchucks and the Craigs. They had given us so much. They had given the Lord so much. And they loved us enough, to invite us over to celebrate American Thanksgiving.. Huge feast and all!

I felt blessed. And I didn't miss home anymore. While I'm away, where ever I go, the ward will be my family. And I love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment